Useful Information For Our Members
Recommended Resources For Healthcare Planning
Besides teaming up with Harlowe to identify cost-effective care that works, our best advice for navigating the world of healthcare is this: staying educated & up-to-date. We’ve compiled a collection of links with helpful information for members, employers, brokers, TPAs, and health plans alike.
Bookmark these resources to have on hand when you need them most. All of the sites listed below are free to use and accessible without registration.
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality Agency for Health Care Research and Quality is an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This website includes many valuable resources and guides to choosing health care facilities. It includes links to articles and reports on consumer ratings, clinical performance measures, and accreditations.
- Leapfrog Leapfrog allows employers and consumers to research and compare hospitals that participate in the Leapfrog survey, on several patient safety and quality practices.
- Hospital Compare Hospital Compare is a tool created by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Hospital Quality Alliance. Here you will find information on how well hospitals care for patients with certain medical conditions or surgical procedures, and results from a survey of patients about the quality of care they received during a recent hospital stay.
- Why Not the Best Why Not the Best is a health care quality resource sponsored by the Commonwealth Fund. This site offers hospital quality comparative data using evidence-based care, patient experience, readmission and mortality rates, and costs as measures.
- Quality Check Quality Check is a searchable database of comparative quality information compiled by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.
- NH Quality Care NH Quality Care is sponsored by the Foundation for Healthy Communities and Northeast Health Care Quality Foundation. It compares how hospitals in New Hampshire provide certain recommended care in the treatment of myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical procedures.
- My Health Care Options My Health Care Options is an online resource provided by the Massachusetts Health Care Quality and Cost Council.
Disclaimer: Harlowe did not participate in the compilation of any of the quality data contained in the sites listed above, nor does Harlowe make any representations or guarantees about the accuracy of the information contained in these sites or the quality of care provided by any doctor or facility.